Guidelines for Submission of Manuscript
- FORTELL Journal welcomes original research papers / articles / book reviews / reports that have not been published/submitted elsewhere at the time of being sent to FORTELL Journal.
- The prime focus of the journal lies on the pedagogical methodologies of teaching English as a second language to students at the school and college level.
- The manuscript should be emailed as a Microsoft word document in the specified form. All submissions must be accompanied by a brief bio note (in about 25-30 words) and a recent passport photograph of the author. The article should be complete in all respects including references and works cited etc.
- Authors must take due permission for use of any material either in the form of text or photographs. Copies of letters granting permission to reproduce illustrations, tables, or lengthy quoted passages should be emailed with the manuscript. FORTELL will not be responsible for any copyright issues.
- Authors are advised to take note of the special focus of the upcoming journal and must check the new announcements at www.fortell.org regarding the same. Though all entries are welcome, not all may be accommodated in the next journal. The Editorial Board will take the final decision of selecting the articles keeping in mind the purview of each issue.
- All manuscripts are subject to the usual process of anonymous review as FORTELL Journal is a refereed journal. Information that could help identify the contributor should be avoided in the body of the article.
- Authors must be registered members of FORTELL and should register as members by submitting an online form along with a nominal fee. Please check the website www.fortell.org for details.
- Articles should not exceed 2000 words in length. Featured articles could however be between 2000-2500 words. Book Reviews / reports should be between 500-750 words.
- The first page should contain the title of the article, name of author(s), affiliation(s), contact details including email id, phone number and mailing address for correspondence.
- Each manuscript should include an abstract of 100-150 words on a separate page.
- Consistency in the style used for writing numerical expressions should be maintained throughout the manuscript.
- All notes should appear at the end of the text and before the references. Footnotes are not permitted. Each endnote used in the article should contain more than a mere reference.
- Single quotes should be used throughout the article. Double quotes should be used only within single quotes.
- All references must be cited in text and in endnotes.15.Contributions must follow the style specified in APA style sheet. For example (in text referencing): (Rama, 2010) or (Rama, 2010, p.56) or (Rama, 2010, pp.56-57) For more details of APA style sheet see FORTELL website: www.fortell.org
- A detailed list of references in alphabetical order must be provided at the end of the article following the endnotes.
- References should include the author’s name, name of the book / name of the journal with issue number, publisher, place of publication, year and page range/number (in case of chapter from an edited book, journal, magazine, weekly, periodicals, newspapers). For Example: Agnihotri, R.K. and Khanna, A.L. (1977) Problematizing English in India. New Delhi: Sage Publications.
Daswani, C.J.(1978). Some theoretical implications for investigating Indian English. In Mohan, R. (Ed).Indian Writing in English (pp.115-28).Madras: Orient Longman.
John, G. (1977). Is Indish the answer? Youth Times, 2 September, 44-45.
National Council of Educational Research and Training, India. (2005).
National Curriculum Framework. NCF 2005, New Delhi.
Sahgal, A.(1991).Patterns of Language Use in a bilingual setting in India.
In Cheshire, J.(Ed).English Around the World. New York: Cambridge University Press.
- Page numbers for all direct quotations should be provided. Direct quotations of 45 words or more should be indented.
- Tables and figures should be completely understandable, independent of the text and must be cited in the text. Tables and figures should be attached at the end of the manuscript following the list of references.
- Book reviews must contain details like name of the author/editor and book reviewed, place of publication and publisher, year of publication, scanned copy of the cover page, number of pages and pages.
- submissions must be mailed to email@example.com
In case of any queries, authors may email Dr. A.L Khanna at firstname.lastname@example.org